Fire Warden Training
Fire Wardens provide leadership in the event of a fire or other emergency. Their role is to evacuate occupants safely, effectively, and calmly to the designated assembly points. Managing occupants in a real emergency is no easy task, as some occupants will panic or act irrationally, some occupants may require assistance, while others will simply ignore alarms. Fire wardens must be trained to be effective leaders, helping steer people in the right direction, while also checking assembly points to ensure nobody is left behind. Fire wardens are required to meet with emergency responders to provide details on the status of the evacuation and the location and nature of the emergency.
How PLC Can Help
PLC provides, training workshops consisting of fire safety and hazard awareness training, and will provide participants with information regarding:
- Fire Warden Responsibilities;
- Managing people in an emergency;
- Fire Safety Plans;
- The benefit of planning, preparing, and practicing;
- Methods for Prevention and Protection;
- Types of Fire;
- Fire Safety Equipment and Systems;
- How to isolate and confine a fire to slow the spread;
- Identifying Hazards in the Workplace;
- Self-protection and survival methods;
- Interacting with emergency responders.
PLC will customize training to suit clients’ needs and can complete the training at one of PLC offices or the client’s facility.
How Can We Help?
We’d love to understand your fire and life safety needs to see how we can help. Please reach out to us to schedule a conversation.
Download our Complete Services Guide
Our Services Guide provides complete descriptions of all our fire and life safety services, a mapping of services to sectors, plus information about our:
- Quality Management Program
- Health and Safety Program
- Corporate Security Program