Fire System Inspection, Testing and Maintenance Procedure Development
Regular Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (ITM) of your buildings’ Fire Protection systems helps to ultimately ensure that these systems work as intended during a Fire Emergency. ITM are a vital preventative service to ensuring adequate preparedness during a Fire Emergency. These services ultimately help save lives and minimize property loss.
How PLC Can Help
PLC has experience developing procedures for clients of all difference sizes, from various industries and sectors. PLC has the expertise to support your facility’s development of procedures for your ITM program. PLC’s experience with Fire Protection Systems includes fire alarm, water-based systems, special extinguishing systems, fire extinguishers, clean agent systems, emergency power, emergency lighting, etc.
Because PLC’s engineering staff actively participate on codes and standards committees, PLC intricately understand the requirements and are uniquely qualified to resolve complex fire and life safety issues with innovative solutions and cutting-edge designs. PLC engineers participate on the following committees:
- NFPA, Technical Committee on the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection System (NFPA 25)
- NFPA, Technical Committee on Sprinkler System Installation Criteria (NFPA 13) • NFPA, Technical Committee on the Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances (NFPA 24)
- NFPA, Technical Committee on Explosion Protection Systems (NFPA 67, 68, and 69)
- Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC), Committee on Fire Tests
- National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) – Standing Committee on Use and Egress
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Technical Committee on Sprinkler System Discharge Criteria (NFPA 13) CAN/ULC S536, Standard for the Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
How Can We Help?
We’d love to understand your fire and life safety needs to see how we can help. Please reach out to us to schedule a conversation.
Download our Complete Services Guide
Our Services Guide provides complete descriptions of all our fire and life safety services, a mapping of services to sectors, plus information about our:
- Quality Management Program
- Health and Safety Program
- Corporate Security Program