Since 1983, PLC Fire Safety Solutions has provided professional engineering services in fire and explosion protection and prevention to clients across Canada and internationally.
We excel in the development of innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to meet the fire and life safety goals of clients across many sectors. We are committed to making the world a safer place and we are looking for qualified candidates who share this commitment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package including a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, medical/health coverage, retirement investment plan, flexible hours, remote work options and competitive salaries.
Hiring Mechanical Engineer
We pride ourselves on having a work environment that fosters employee well-being and safety. We champion continuous improvement, striving to further ourselves professionally, technically, and operationally. Our mission is to make the world a safer place and we are looking for qualified candidates who share this commitment.
An Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience working within Transit Industry (Light-Rail, Train, Subway, etc.)
- Experience with site inspections and walk-down systems.
- Witness testing of equipment and systems.
Commissioning experience including:
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans.
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our client’s engineering and operational teams.
- Completion of commissioning records.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering work experience.
- Valid Drivers Licence, onsite work is required on project sites within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Literacy skills, be able to read, write and communicate proficiently in English.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including
- Minimum of 3 weeks of vacation
- Medical/health coverage
- Retirement investment plan
- Flexible hours
- Remote work options
- Competitive salaries.
Interested In Making the World A Safer Place? Our experienced engineers actively contribute to the profession and stay up-to-date with the latest advances by participating in organizations including the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC).
Complete the Form Below and Attach Your Resume and Coverletter
PLC Fire Safety Solutions is committed to diversity and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all qualified individuals. We welcome applications from those who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation.
We sincerely thank all who apply and express an interest in PLC, however only those that qualify will be contacted.