Since 1983, PLC Fire Safety Solutions has provided professional engineering services in fire and explosion protection and prevention to clients across Canada and internationally.
We excel in the development of innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to meet the fire and life safety goals of clients across many sectors. We are committed to making the world a safer place and we are looking for qualified candidates who share this commitment. We offer a comprehensive compensation package including a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, medical/health coverage, retirement investment plan, flexible hours, remote work options and competitive salaries.
Hiring Fire Protection Specialist
We pride ourselves on having a work environment that fosters employee well-being and safety. We champion continuous improvement, striving to further ourselves professionally, technically, and operationally. Our mission is to make the world a safer place and we are looking for qualified candidates who share this commitment.
The responsibilities of Fire Protection Specialist may include but are not limited to:
- Successful execution of Fire Protection Engineering services across multiple sectors including Nuclear, Transportation and Transit, Industrial, Health Care, etc.
- Perform Fire Risk and Fire Hazard Assessments.
- Perform Code Compliance Assessments, including developing Alternative Solutions.
- Design fire protection systems.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Successfully lead and/or manage fire safety projects from start to close with minimal supervision.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Maintenance of professional competence and continuing education.
- Support continuous improvement in PLC’s Quality Assurance program.
- Actively seek out new opportunities and clients to support business growth.
- Degree or diploma in Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 5-10 years of experience (consulting experience preferred) in fire safety engineering.
- Professional Engineering License or Limited License is preferred.
- Courses or training in Project Management is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian and provincial building and fire codes and NFPA standards.
- Strong critical thinking skills, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
Complete the Form Below and Attach Your Resume and Coverletter
PLC Fire Safety Solutions is committed to diversity and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all qualified individuals. We welcome applications from those who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation.
We sincerely thank all who apply and express an interest in PLC, however only those that qualify will be contacted.